South Devon Horse Show Terms and Conditions
Any queries please speak to the Secretary. Many Thanks.
- It is the competitors’ responsibility not to enter two classes that appear likely to clash. In the event of this arising the competitor must decide which class they will enter. Classes will not be held.
- Stallions are permitted on the show ground but must wear appropriate Identity Tags to inform other competitors & MUST be bridled before being unloaded.
- Stallions must be handled by persons over 14 years of age.
- The Event will run under Pony Club Rules (pcuk.org) except the Show Jumping which will be run under British Show Jumping rules.
- Please read relevant association rules regarding Qualifications.
- Save for the death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the organisers, or anyone for whom they are in law responsible, neither the organisers of this event or The Pony Club nor any agent, employee or representative of these bodies, nor the landlord or his tenant, accepts any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, owners, riders, spectators, land, cars, their contents and accessories, or any other personal property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence, breach of contract or in any way whatsoever. Entries are only accepted on this basis.
- The organisers of this event have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present at this event. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents. They must obey the instructions of the organisers and all officials and stewards.
- All non Pony Club competitors are not covered by the Pony Club insurance and must have their own third party cover. The South Devon West Branch of The Pony Club and the organisers of this event are not legally responsible for non Members and their insurance will not cover you.
- We strongly recommend that Body protectors are worn whilst jumping.
- Any objections must be lodged with the secretary within 30 minutes of the end of the class and be accompanied by a deposit of £20 which will be refunded in the event of the objection being upheld.
- The organisers have the right to cancel, add or amend any classes they see fit.
- Any abuse of whips/spurs will not be tolerated and competitors will be asked to leave the show ground.
- No horse/pony to jump in more than 3 classes.
- The right is reserved to refuse entry without giving an explanation.
- Due to our insurance all competitors must be 3 years or over.
- NO DOGS ALLOWED ON SHOW GROUND except in lorry park on lead.
- ALL HORSES/PONIES MUST HAVE UP TO DATE FLU VACCINATIONS AND PASSPORTS TO BE ALLOWED ENTRY ONTO THE SHOW GROUND. See requirements on first page of schedule. There will be spot checks on passports/vaccinations on entry to Showground.
- The Judge’s decision is final.
- Hard Hats to current standards, with chin straps done up, MUST be worn by all riders at all times whilst mounted on the show ground.
- NO entry fees will be refunded unless a valid doctor’s or vet’s certificate is produced.
- Please do NOT muck out Lorries onto the Showground.
- No change of saddlery allowed between phases in the Working Hunter ring. Horses may wear FRONT boots for the jumping phase only.
- Practising in any ring will lead to disqualification from the days’ events unless it is a marked / designated warming up area.
- All Suitability, Lead Rein and First Ridden classes must be ridden in snaffle bridles with cavesson nosebands only unless otherwise stated in schedule.
- GROOMS MUST WEAR HATS AND BE CORRECTLY DRESSED TO ENTER RING.
- If any of the show officials have any reason to suspect a rider has had, or might have had, a concussion injury on the show day, or at any time within the last 3 weeks, the rider will have to be seen by a doctor and signed off as fit to ride in order to be allowed to continue riding.
- Lunging in designated area only.
NPS Mountain and Moorland Qualifying Rounds: These classes are judged under the Rules of the NPS. Ponies must be registered in the main body of their respective Mountain & Moorland Stud Books. Part breeds are not eligible for Mountain & Moorland Classes.
Qualifying rounds for most NPS competitions are open to ponies owned by NPS members and non-members but only ponies owned by adult NPS Qualifying or Life members are eligible to qualify for the final of the competition at the NPS Summer Championship Show at Malvern from 31st July-2nd August 2018.
The highest placed pony, if owned by an NPS member, in each class will qualify for the final.
Qualification may pass down to third place if the first and second ponies are already qualified.
NPS/Rosettes Direct Home Produced Ridden Championship – Riders of Home Produced ponies (see definition in the NPS Rules Book) can wear a white arm band in classes where this is indicated. These ponies, if owned by NPS members, are then eligible to qualify for the final at the NPS Summer Championship Show. The Owner’s Membership cards MUST be produced in the ring when requested or the qualification will be forfeit.
NPS Silver Medal Rosette Championships – These classes are judged under the Rules of the NPS. NPS Silver Medal Rosettes are only awarded when the owner of the champion pony is a Qualifying or Life member of the NPS. A valid membership card must be in the rider’s/handler’s possession on entering the ring and be produced immediately on request by either the judge or the steward. If the owner of the Champion pony is not a member, or the owner’s membership card is not immediately produced, the rosette may be awarded to the Reserve Champion provided they have the required membership card. If the Champion pony has previously qualified it is still entitled to the Silver Medal Rosette but the qualification card goes to the Reserve Champion pony, provided the owner of that pony is a member of the NPS. The Silver Medal Rosette and the qualification card can be awarded no lower than first Reserve (third). Foals are not eligible for Silver Medal Championships. Qualifiers are entitled to compete in the final of the Silver Medal Rosette Championship to be held at the NPS Summer Championship Show 31st July-2nd August 2018.
SOUTH WEST PONY ASSOCIATION CHAMPIONSHIPS
This show is a qualifier for the South West Pony Association Championships 30th August – 2nd September 2018
to be held at The David Broome Event Centre, Crick, Gwent. NP26 5XP
To qualify for the Championships:
1. Enter one of the qualifying classes.
2. Be one of the two highest placed exhibits not already qualified within the first four and receive a qualification card signed in the ring.
3. Complete the entry form on the qualification card.
4. Register on-line at www.showingscene.com within 14 days of qualification
- Upload this card using our on-line management system at www.showingscene.com
Registration fee for 2018 is £30 to include all members of the family and equines owned by the family.
Please note some of our classes ages or restrictions may not correspond with SWPA criteria it is the individual’s responsibility to check the SWPA requirement. Qualifying classes marked **
TSR SHOWING FINALS – This show is a qualifier for the 2018 TSR Showin Finals. Qualify and enter ANY of the Finals – Central, East Anglia, North West, South East, South, Wales & South West or Scottish. You DO NOT have to be a TSR member to qualify or enter a final. The Rider/Handler qualifies and can enter any horse/pony in any number of Finals!
TSR RIDER FINALS – 1st and 2nd riders qualify and will receive a qualification card in the ring.
TSR IN HAND FINALS – The two highest placed Handlers with a TSR In Hand card will qualify in In Hand classes. Handlers MUST have their card signed in the ring by the judge/steward, cards are available FREE from the TSR website. Full details at http://www.theshowingregister.co.uk/
TSR MEDAL AWARDS – TSR members can collect qualification cards & signatures and redeem for a TSR Medal. See TSR website for details.
BHSA GRASS ROOTS CHAMPS – With a TSR qualification card you can also enter the BHSA Grass Roots Champs in Sept at Addington Equestrian Centre. You do not have to be a BHSA member to qualify or enter the final. See www.britishshowhorse.org